Polymer Processing Aid
Enabling technology for polyolefin film blowing
Boron nitride is a unique process aid that can enhance or replace many of the traditional fluoropolymers. Our Standard Platelet grades SP5 and SP2 have shown excellent benefits when added in small amounts (200-1000 ppm) to metallocene polyethylene film blowing systems.
- Much higher shear rates can be sustained
- The onset of gross melt fracture is significantly delayed
- Lower processing temperatures possible
- Greatly improved gauge control
- Increased clarity
- Ability to control friction
Saint-Gobain boron nitride powders have been awarded FDA approval to use polyolefin processing for all types of food contact substance (FCS) notifications. To find out more about boron nitride as a polymer processing aid, contact a member of the Saint-Gobain team today.