Grade M Combat® Boron Nitride Solids
High thermal shock plus moisture resistance
Combat® Boron Nitride Solids,Grade M is a truly hydrophobic advanced ceramic. Composed of boron nitride and silica, it is completely resistant to moisture and has a MIL-I-10A grade of L542, a test requiring immersion in water for 48 hours prior to testing at elevated frequencies. Grade M is suitable for the most severe electrical applications. It is an excellent refractory material at temperatures up to 1400°C, and is unparalleled in resistance to thermal shock.
- High temperature electrical insulators and vacuum furnace supports which require electrical resistivity, high temperature strength, thermal shock resistance and low chemical resistivity
- Crucibles and containers for high purity molten metals
- Tools and refractories for glass forming which provide non-wetting, non-B2O3 containing contacts
- Radar components and antenna windows which require exacting electrical and thermal properties
Available as Finished Parts or Machinable Blanks
Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics can provide custom machining of Combat Solid Boron Nitride for complex shapes based on customer specifications. Solid bars, rods and plates are also available for customers who desire to fabricate their own custom shapes using conventional machine shop tools.
Typical Chemical Analysis
*B2O3 is given for clarification and is not part of the elemental analysis.
1. Wet Chemistry
2. LECO Oxygen
3. Optical Emission Spectroscopy