Grade HP Combat® Boron Nitride Solids
High thermal shock plus high thermal conductivity
When higher thermal shock, more spall resistance and lower permanent expansion upon heating is required, Combat® Boron Nitride Solids, Grade HP is a superior solid grade for formulations of <1000°C. Additionally, Grade HP has ten times the moisture resistance of Grade A due to the addition of calcium which combines with boric oxide to form calcium borate. Commonly used for many light metal applications such as Al, Ti, Mg and Zn.
- High temperature electrical insulators and vacuum furnace supports which require electrical resistivity, high temperature strength, thermal shock resistance and low chemical reactivity
- Crucibles and containers for high purity molten metals
- Insulators and source fixtures for ion implantation systems which require high temperature purity and electrical insulation
- Radar components and antenna windows which require exacting electrical and thermal properties
- Setterplates for the processing of other advanced materials which require stable, inert surfaces
- Nozzles for powdered metal spraying
Available as Finished Parts or Machinable Blanks
Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics, Boron Nitride products, can provide custom machining of Combat Solid Boron Nitride for complex shapes based on customer specifications. Solid bars, rods and plates are also available for customers who desire to fabricate their own custom shapes using conventional machine shop tools.
Thermal Conductivity as a Function of Pressing Direction