Grade A Combat® Boron Nitride Solids
High performance plus economic price
An excellent choice for all but the most severe refractory applications, Combat® Boron Nitride Solids, Grade A is a high performance material possessing a glassy B2O3 binder that creates a hard and dense yet fully machinable product.
- High temperature electrical insulators and vacuum furnace supports which require electrical resistivity, high temperature strength, thermal shock resistance and low chemical reactivity
- Crucibles and containers for high purity molten metals
- Insulators and source fixtures for ion implantation systems which require high temperature purity and electrical insulation
- Radar components and antenna windows which require exacting electrical and thermal properties
- Setterplates for the processing of other advanced materials which require stable, inert surfaces
- Nozzles for powdered metal spraying
Finished Parts or Machinable Blanks
Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics, Boron Nitride products, can provide custom machining of Combat Solid Boron Nitride for complex shapes based on customer specifications. Solid bars, rods and plates are also available for customers who desire to fabricate their own custom shapes using conventional machine shop tools.
Thermal Expansion as Function of Pressing Direction